Starting as soon as possible. Fixed-term position, initial appointment for one year, with the possibility of an extension.
The CESBIO is seeking a research engineer to reinforce their passive microwaves group regarding the study of the vegetation using SMOS (Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity) L-band Vegetation Optical Depth (L-VOD), which is related to vegetation water content and it is highly sensitive to above ground biomass. SMOS L-VOD can be used to monitor the evolution of large scale carbon stocks and for data assimilation into carbon cycle models.
The successful candidate will work in one or several of the following topics:
• Understanding the thermal L-band radiation and its application for the monitoring of the vegetation
• Assessments of L-VOD with respect to VOD at other frequency bands and optical variables related to
• Building consistent long-time series of vegetation-related variables from microwave observations
• Estimation of vegetation water content for the monitoring of the hydric state of the vegetation
• Data assimilation in carbon cycle models
• Above ground biomass from passive microwave data
Your profile :
- PhD degree in remote sensing or a related field. Knowledge in plant physiology is an asset.